I often need something sweet after dinner. I can eat green, fat free and low carb all day, but come evening, once my bum sits on the couch I really need a treat. To avoid feeling guilty, I have given a no bake cheesecake a little makeover and tried to make it a healthier alternative. I then put it in a mini cupcake pan, which makes having a mini portion much easier to calculate. They are a mouthful. These are actually high in calories, and I think the walnuts ptobably have too much fat in them…. So, probably not the best thing to have if you’re on a strict diet, but I believe that if one has behaved all day, then one of these after dinner is allowed.
No Bake Cheesecake Bites
- Equal parts walnuts and Medjool dates. (I used 1 Cup of each)
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 250g Philadelphia ‘light’
- 250g fat free Greek Yoghurt
- 80ml Maple Syrup or honey
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- In a food processor, pulse dates and walnuts until it resembles breadcrumbs. Line a mini cupcake tray with cupcake liners and place 1 teaspoon of walnut/date mixture into each one. Press the mixture down into the liners to form the cheesecake ‘crust’. Put into the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Sprinkle gelatine over boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Whisk until gelatine has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add Philadelphia, Greek yoghurt, golden syrup (or honey) and allspice. Mix well until combined and smooth. You can use an electric mixer for this but I just used a spoon. While stirring, gradually add the gelatine mixture until combined.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake liners (I used a piping bag because it’s easier and less messy).
- Place in refrigerator to set for a couple of hours or overnight. In summer these little treats could also be frozen as an alternative to ice cream (or the fabulous gelato that is sold dangerously close to where I live).