Offer some people a salad and many would think of a boring bowl of lettuce to be eaten as a side dish or a sign you’re on a diet. A salad doesn’t have to be boring and the word salad for me covers a myriad of ingredient combinations. I love a big bowl of salad deliciousness and this recipe is one of my favourites especially during summer. Eat it alone, or serve it as a side dish with grilled chicken breasts or at your next BBQ. Eaten in ‘moderation’, this can be included in any healthy eating plan….. depends what your idea of moderation is though!
Rocket, Pecorino & Walnut Salad
I try to have equal doses of all ingredients, especially equal amounts of the rocket and mint. For the remaining ingredients, adjust as you please.
- Rucola – Rocket (rinsed well and dried)
- Fresh Mint
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar or Balsamic Syrup
- Chop rocket and mint roughly.
- Cut Pecorino and nectarine in same size cubes
- Chop walnuts roughly
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl, and dress with Olive Oil and Balsamic just prior to serving, and eat immediately.
*I love to substitute the nectarine with pears or Granny Smith apples in winter but you could also use strawberries or peach.